As the world continues to evolve as a digital-first paradigm, customers’ expectations are higher than ever. They expect great performance, top-notch security, and engaging interactions that meet them where they are. As an eCommerce manager, it’s important to know you’re on solid ground with every aspect of your storefront, from infrastructure to innovative tools to on-point back- and front-end performance to achieve this level of personalization
Whether you want to offer additional shopping experiences, payment methods, personalization services, or shopping assistance tools, Adobe Commerce (AC) is here to help. The robust set of features this platform provides are powerful and unique, but they might not meet all of your unique needs straight out of the box. Customization to create unique and compelling user experiences is required to make the most out of AC. Our team of experts can help you leverage the powerful features of AC and customize the platform to create shopping experiences that delight your customers and fuel your growth.
In this blog, we will unveil the top features of AC that will empower you to deliver a personalized shopping experience both in-store and online for your customers.
Five features exclusive to Adobe Commerce
Here are some of its exclusive features that will take your customers from browse to buy:
1. Content Staging: This feature allows merchants to schedule the release of new banners, pages, promotions, and content updates. This feature is extremely beneficial for managing (scheduling) sale events. For example, with this feature, your team will have the ability to schedule a new sale to start at midnight and all the content and promotion will automatically update without your content administrator being required to update the site at midnight manually. Conversely, the sale can also be scheduled to end at a certain time, requiring no manual intervention from the content admin.
2. B2B Features: The B2B suite of features is extremely powerful and valuable for merchants in the B2B eCommerce sector. This suite of features represents millions of dollars worth of custom development that all comes as out-of-the-box functionality that is maintained and upgraded by Adobe Commerce. The B2B module also comes with the following list of additional features:
- Request for Quote: the customer can request a quote and the admin of your page can either approve or send a revised quote. Once both parties agree, the customer can automatically place the order, with the revised and agreed-upon pricing, directly into their cart.
- Shared Catalog: If your eCommerce department requires access to multiple catalogs for different customers based on their customer group, this is pretty helpful. This feature also helps set customer-specific pricing alongside the regular pricing rules.
- Company Accounts: This is the key entity within B2B on which all other features are in some way dependent as it allows joining multiple buyers that belong to the same company into a single company account (or corporate account). The company administrator is able to build the company structure (divisions, subdivisions, and users) in the appropriate hierarchy and provide different user roles and permissions to the company members. This hierarchy allows the company administrator to control user activity for the company account: ordering, quoting, purchasing, access to company credit information or profile, and so on.
- Requisition List: This is a very helpful tool that allows for frequently ordered items to be created as a list.
- Quick Order: With most B2B businesses, the end customer will have the list of SKUs and their quantities to place an order directly rather than having to add them one by one from the respective product detail pages.
3. Customer Segmentation / Rewards & Loyalty: These are often overlooked features, but when they are employed properly they can be great tools for engaging and retaining customers. By segmenting customers and then rewarding them, merchants can greatly increase customer loyalty. A loyalty program for an eCommerce store is a customer retention tool meant to keep customers engaged and loyal to your store. Loyalty rewards may range from freebies, discounts, coupons, or cash back. For example, your analytics department may wish to target all of your female customers who are in the age range of 18 to 40 with specific promotions in real-time. Your team could also take a marketing approach similar to Starbucks who lets individual customers earn stars for every dollar they spend. At 60 stars, they can snag a free drink or get a free slice of cake. For further information on loyalty programs, check out our blog post, What Apparel and Accessories Brands Must Know About Establishing A Loyalty Program.
4. Dynamic Blocks: This tool provides the ability to display banners and content based on custom segments, promotions, and price rules. For example, using dynamic banners your team can display a banner in the cart letting customers that are getting close to a certain cart size and let them know that if they reach a certain spending threshold they can qualify for wholesale pricing and free shipping. This feature can be extremely useful for any eCommerce business owner that might be using the customer segmentation and loyalty features to create a more personalized shopping experience.
5. Visual Merchandiser: This advanced tool allows your developers to position products and apply conditions that determine which products appear in the category listing. The result can be a dynamic selection of products that adjusts to changes in the catalog.
Side Note: Apart from this list, the Adobe Commerce platform also provides your team with hosting, monitoring, and maintenance that are not available in the Magento Community edition.
Your team has the option to work in visual mode, which shows each product as a tile on a grid or to work from a list of products in the category. This tool is very useful for any merchant managing a large catalog of products and can be very helpful in making categories well merchandised and easy to shop.
Bringing it all together
Ready to take your eCommerce website to new heights? Where your team can access cutting-edge commerce features, functionality, templates, and services — all with the click of a button? Adobe Commerce could be the perfect solution your team is looking for.
At InteractOne, we have helped hundreds of merchants set up and migrate their eCommerce websites so they can focus on the long-term growth of their business and meeting customers where they are.